Tuesday 17 February 2015

Royal Society of New Zealand

Royal? No, I am not a princess or queen. The Royal Society organises my 6 months of Science learning and I wish to say "thank you".  I am learning so much - especially that scientists know a lot about a lot of things using words I did not know even existed.

Did you know that Captain James Cook was sent on a boat trip with other scientists to have a look at the planet Venus and that it was the Royal Society of London who sent them. James then also drew a map of New Zealand as he sat in his ship going all around the outside of NZ. They thought that NZ was stuck onto Australia - silly people! - but James proved them wrong.

So the Royal Society is still today committed to promoting science and we are very thankful. Look at how much we learn!


Captain Cook's ship: the Endeavour  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment